The Lord Directeth | Proverbs 16:9 | + Phone Lockscreen

February 26, 2022

Hey there! Long time no see. This little project has been on the backburner for quite a number of years now, but every now and then I get a wave of inspiration to come on here and update things! Well, today is one of those days. 

Being recently diagnosed with COVID-19, I'm currently spending some time in isolation. As I was flicking through my Bible promise book I came across this verse: 

Proverbs 19:6 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Quite timely. This verse has been a continual reminder to me over the years that I am not the one in control. I'd often like to think that I am and I would often like to be, but I am not in control. The control that we feel in our lives is merely an illusion (as one of our wise Pastors once put it). We can make all the plans, do all the things, buy all the self help tools for building the 'life of our dreams' but ultimately God directs our steps. 

Let's accept his directing hand. 


16:10 ratio (common on Mac computers)

6:4 ratio (common photo print size) 

Phone version



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love to hear feedback about the wallpapers on this blog, and I hope they are a blessing to you. Feel free to leave a comment, though please just remember to keep your words God-honouring :) Psalm 19:14 Thanks! :)

All-Time Visits