He is RISEN, as He said | Matthew 28:6 | + phone lockscreen

April 12, 2020

On this resurrection Sunday, it is a beautiful thing to remember my risen Saviour. This verse has been on my heart all week & I've been particularly meditating on the phrase "as He said." Jesus promised to rise again. He promised redemption, and he completed it. We serve a God who keeps His promises.

I love the beautiful story that traces through all of the Old Testament - starting with God's promise to Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:15), the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 12), the Jewish sacrifices that were mere pictures of perfect redemption to come and a reminder of man's inadequacy to redeem himself, Isaiah 53's prophecy, and so much more. Redemption and reconciliation were always on God's heart, and as we trace the pictures and prophecies all the way to the cross, we see perfect fulfillment in Jesus Christ. The resurrection was the culmination and completion of all that came before, as God purchased freedom for mankind.

I also love the words directly after this statement, "Come, see the place where the Lord lay." While I may not be able to travel to Israel and see the physical empty tomb, Christ invites me through the eyes of faith to see. The tomb is empty. What a wonderful truth to rejoice in.

Happy Easter, friends. And, if you do not know Jesus as your Saviour, I urge you to explore the gospel. Get in touch - I would love to share the good news of Jesus with you.

Hannah x





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello Hannah. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am once again glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privleged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a child of God saved by the Grace of Jesus Christ. I did contact you earlier but have not received any response. I love getting connected with the people of God aroung the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. Your blog posts are encouragingm enriching and strengthening. Looking forward to hear from you.My email id is:dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pastor Diwakar,
      Thanks for your comments - it's always wonderful meeting brethren from all over the world.
      God bless!

      Delete

I love to hear feedback about the wallpapers on this blog, and I hope they are a blessing to you. Feel free to leave a comment, though please just remember to keep your words God-honouring :) Psalm 19:14 Thanks! :)

All-Time Visits