Be still - Psalm 46:10

November 30, 2013




So, I have finally got around to sitting down and writing a blog post. I usually try to post at least once a month, but it just didn't happen last month. I got so busy doing a lot of different things and didn't get a chance to actually sit down and write something. This time of year is just such a crazy, busy, hectic time of year! With Christmas (for those who celebrate Christmas) just around the corner, we sometimes get so busy running around doing errands, buying gifts, going to parties, visiting family, and the list could go on!! Which led me to this verse, in Psalm 46:10,  "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

The first thing that stands out to me in this verse is actually one of the smallest things in the verse! And that is the comma after the words "Be still." It is amazing how much meaning a simple punctuation mark can bring to a verse! The verse to me says, "Be still, {pause, reflect, rest}" Taking a "comma" in our day to reflect and spend time with the Lord is so important! 
The verse goes on to say, "and know that I am God." God wants us to be still so we can know Him, and hear His voice. Just being still is often something we neglect to do, especially as the end of the year draws near. We get busy, forget to spend quiet time with the Lord, and we forget to spend time in His presence. I am as guilty of this as the next person! I get so tied up with doing things, that I forget to just be still and know God. God wants us to be still, and know that He is God.
I hope you will be encouraged to remember to find some time to be still at this busy time of the year. 


God bless!
Hannah



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hi Hannah,
    Thank you SO much for that challenge - It was a great reminder for this busy time of year!! Thank you for your encouragement and for the beautiful wallpaper!
    Lots of love and praying for you sister!
    Tiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized that I never replied to your comment, Tiana! I am so glad that this post was a blessing to you :) Thank you ever so much for your continued encouragement, dear sister!!! xox

      Delete
  2. Sooo hard to find KJV anything. Thank you! Truly, may God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I understand the struggle and it's the reason I started this blog as a teenager. Although my life and ministry commitments now don't allow me to dedicate as much time to this as I used to, I still intend to keep all my wallpapers available and create new ones as time permits! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hannah, I love this picture! I had seen it on another site though without the watermark: https://nature.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/2302663/ I was hoping to download the picture so that a large canvas print could be made out of it. And, of course, no watermark would be my preference. But can the other site offer this picture without the watermark? Thank you in advance for your help. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mas, Absolutely you can print the image. I would be happy to email you a copy of the original if you email me through my contact form. The other site you mention is not my site and have breached copyright by removing my watermark and not attributing. My website offers scripture images free of charge under creative commons by attribution - meaning that when shared they are attributed to my website so that others can find more. Unfortunately not all people respect this. Send me an email and I'll sort out a watermark free copy for your print :) God bless.

      Delete

I love to hear feedback about the wallpapers on this blog, and I hope they are a blessing to you. Feel free to leave a comment, though please just remember to keep your words God-honouring :) Psalm 19:14 Thanks! :)

All-Time Visits